Shop$mart is a purchase-driven program based on actual dollars that are spent on “tangible” products from participating Merced Mall stores. Here are the rules:
- The program runs from August 1st through April 30th
- Schools earn 1 point for every dollar spent at participating Merced Mall Stores.
- Take your original receipts to the Mall Guest Services counter to be stamped, logged and applied to your school. The receipts are then returned to you. Original receipts can also be placed in our Guest Services drop box (receipts placed in the drop box will not be returned). Make sure to add your school’s name to the back of the receipt(s).
- Bulk receipts- More than 10 receipts at a time is considered a bulk amount and requires more time and review when logging. If someone brings in a bulk amount of receipts and wants them returned, our Guest Services Rep will take their name and number, and will contact the guest once the receipts have been approved and logged. Our reps will do their best to get them completed and returned to the guest in a timely manner. Please keep in mind that our reps’ first priority is to serve the duties of the desk, Security, and the Mall Management Office.
- Starting August 1st, all receipts must be submitted within 60 days of the purchase date. On the last day of the program, receipts will only be accepted until the end of the business day.
- All points are totaled, ranked and posted to our website at www.mercedmall.com by the end of the first week of each month. Copies are also available at the Guest Services desk.
- Photocopies, merchant copies, e-receipts, etc. will not be accepted, original receipts only.
- Purchases of Merced Mall Gift Cards and store account payments/cell phone service and insurance payments do not qualify for points – merchandise/service receipts only.
- Mall store employees may not be used to collect receipts for participating schools.
- Schools in violation of the rules may be subject to removal from the program.
- Schools must have a minimum of 5,000 points by December 31st to remain in the program.
- At the end of the program, the top ten placing schools will receive a cash award at the Awards Ceremony in May. These schools must have a representative at the Awards Ceremony in order to receive their award. Unrepresented schools will forfeit their prize money and it will be returned to the awards account. Only the Mall Shop Smart Program Coordinator can grant an exception to this rule.
Participating in select Merced Mall events is another way to earn extra points for your school. Events such as pictures with Santa and the Easter Bunny, holiday performances and more will also be held throughout the program. The Mall Shop$mart Program director will keep your school coordinator informed of these events. Be sure to frequently check the Shop$mart pages on our website to stay current on program information. Remember, word of mouth is the best form of advertising. Talk to others about the program, share about us on social media, and encourage your personal audience to shop Merced Mall, boost our local economy and support your school.
This year’s participating schools are listed below:
|Franklin Elementary||Providence Christian|
|Luther Burbank||St. Paul|
|Our Lady of Mercy|
For any other questions feel free to contact the Mall Shop$mart Program Coordinator:
Nanette Villegas – Marketing Director & Mall Shop$mart Program Coordinator
713 Merced Mall, Merced CA 95348
Phone: 209-723-3981 Fax: 209-723-3558