Shop$mart is a purchase-driven program based on actual dollars spent on “tangible” products/services from participating Merced Mall stores. Here are the rules:
- The program runs from September 1st through April 30th
- Schools earn 1 point for every dollar spent at participating Merced Mall Stores.
- Supporters- staff, family, friends, etc., are to bring their original receipts directly to the Mall Guest Services desk where they will be stamped, logged and applied to their participating school. Original receipts can also be placed in our Guest Services drop box (these are un-returnable) with your school’s name is written on each receipt. We will accept receipts up to 60 days from the purchase date. On the last day of the program, receipts will not be accepted once the mall has closed.
- At the end of the program, cash awards totaling over $19,000 dollars will be presented to the remaining participating schools at our Awards Ceremony held in May. These schools must have a representative at the Awards Ceremony in order to receive their prize. Unrepresented schools will forfeit their prize money and will be returned to the awards account.
- Bulk receipts- if a customer has more than 10 receipts, we will take their name and phone number and will contact them when the receipts are ready for pick-up. Our reps do their best to return receipts to our guests in a timely manner but please be mindful that it takes time to properly review each receipt before logging it in, and that our reps’ first priority is to serve the duties of the desk, Security, and the Mall Management Office.
- Points are totaled, ranked and posted on mercedmall.com generally by the first week of each month. Copies are also available at the Guest Services desk.
- Schools must have a minimum of 10,000 points by December 31st to remain in the program.
How the Program DOESN’T Work:
- E-receipts, photocopies, merchant receipt copies, etc. are not accepted, original in-store purchase receipts only.
- Merced Mall and Mall Store Gift Cards, store account payments/cell phone service and insurance payments do not qualify for points – store purchase of goods or services receipts only.
- Collecting and turning in receipts that customers have left behind without their permission or consent is cheating and not allowed.
- Mall store employees cannot collect receipts for your school.
- Hanging out at the mall, approaching customers and asking them in any way for their receipts is unacceptable and not allowed.
- Schools in violation of the rules may be subject to removal from the program.
Bonus Point Events & Other Ways to Earn Points:
Along with shopping, Merced Mall also offers your school opportunities to earn Bonus Points by participating in various Mall events. The bonus point event schedule is included in this packet and is on the Mall’s website as well. You will be e-mailed in advance of each event with full details the month before. Be sure to check mercedmall.com/shopsmart/whats-new/ to stay current on program information.
This year’s participating schools are listed below:
|Burbank Elementary||Rivera Elementary|
|Chenoweth Elementary||Sheehy Elementary|
|Franklin Elementary||St. Paul Lutheran|
|Harvest Christian||Stone Ridge Christian|
|Our Lady of Mercy||Stowell Elementary|
|Peterson Elementary||Weaver Middle|
Nanette Villegas – Marketing Director & Mall Shop$mart Program Coordinator For any other questions feel free to contact the Mall Shop$mart Program Coordinator:
713 Merced Mall – Mall Mgmt. Office, Merced CA 95348
Phone: 209-723-3981 Fax: 209-723-3558
e-mail: [email protected]