Shop$mart is a purchase-driven program based on actual dollars spent on tangible products/services from participating Merced Mall stores. Here are the rules:
- The program runs from September 1st through April 30th
- Schools earn 1 point for every dollar spent at participating Merced Mall Stores.
- Supporters- staff, family, friends, etc., are to bring their original receipts directly to the Mall Guest Services desk where they will be stamped, logged and applied to their participating school. Original receipts can also be placed in our Guest Services drop box (these are non-returnable) with your school’s name is written on each receipt. We will accept receipts up to 60 days from the purchase date. On the last day of the program, receipts will not be accepted once the mall has closed.
- At the end of the program, cash awards totaling over $19,000 dollars will be presented to the remaining participating schools at our Awards Ceremony held in May. These schools must have a representative at the Awards Ceremony in order to receive their prize. Unrepresented schools will forfeit their prize money and will be returned to the awards account.
- Bulk receipts- if a customer has more than 10 receipts, we will take their name and phone number and will contact them once the receipts are ready for pick-up. Our reps do their best to return receipts to our guests in a timely manner but please be mindful that it takes time to properly review each receipt before logging it in, and that our reps’ first priority is to serve the duties of the desk, Security, and the Mall Management Office.
- Points are totaled, ranked and posted on mercedmall.com generally by the first week of each month. To print a copy, click on the link located on the rankings page.
- Schools must have a minimum of 10,000 points by December 31st to remain in the program.
How the Program DOESN’T Work:
- E-receipts, photocopies, merchant receipt copies, etc. are not accepted, original in-store purchase receipts only.
- Merced Mall and Mall Store Gift Cards, store account payments/cell phone service and insurance payments do not qualify for points – store purchase of goods or services receipts only.
- Collecting and turning in receipts that customers have left behind without their permission or consent is cheating and not allowed.
- Mall store employees cannot collect receipts for your school.
- Hanging out at the mall, approaching customers and asking them in any way for their receipts is unacceptable and not allowed.
- Schools in violation of the rules may be subject to removal from the program.
Bonus Point Events & Other Ways to Earn Points:
Along with shopping, Merced Mall also offers your school opportunities to earn points by participating in various Mall events. Visit our Shop$mart What’s New page for the most current program event information.
This year’s participating schools were:
|Burbank Elementary||Rivera Elementary|
|Chenoweth Elementary||Sheehy Elementary|
|Franklin Elementary||St. Paul Lutheran|
|Harvest Christian||Stone Ridge Christian|
|Our Lady of Mercy||Stowell Elementary|
|Peterson Elementary||Weaver Middle|
Next year’s program begins September 1, 2019. For sign up information, contact the Mall Shop$mart Program Coordinator at 723-3981 or [email protected]