For Black Friday and Holiday Hours, click HERE.
Santa Claus is coming to town on Black Friday! | Nov. 27 @ 1pm, Center Court
Santa is coming to Merced Mall with a new contact-free photo experience to ensure a healthy, happy holiday season for everyone! For virtual and in-person photo hours click HERE. For prices click HERE.
Many have asked how social distancing for Santa and Santa photos will work in general. Here is a list to help explain and or clarify:
• SOCIAL DISTANCE: Don’t stand directly next to the person in-
line waiting for a photo, give them some extra space. Floor
will have decals to help assist and remind customers.
• MASK: Wear a mask and wear it properly.
• VIRTUAL PHOTO OPTION: If you are uncomfortable visiting
Santa in person, then sign up and purchase a virtual Santa
experience. Available, Mon – Thurs, 11a-1p,
• IN PERSON SANTA PHOTO: You won’t be able to sit directly
next to Santa (in his chair), on his lap or have him hold your
child. You will sit on a bench in front of Santa, allowing for
distancing. Santa will sit behind you several feet away.
• No cash sales, all sales will be debit and or credit to allow for
• Plexiglass sneeze guards are in place around the sales staff
when you preview a photo and or pay.
• All staff will be masked.
• Regular cleaning of seat, counter and equipment
• Get your photo early. Don’t wait until a few days or the day
before to get your photo with Santa or you will be in a very
long line. You have almost 5 weeks to make a plan and get
your photos done.
Holiday Community Events
Every child deserves to feel the joy of Christmas. That’s why Merced Mall is partnering once again with The Salvation Army with their Angel Tree Program, The City of Merced’s Shop with a Cop event and Fire and Kops for Kids Toy Drive.
Angel Tree Program, now – December 19: This program provides new clothing and toys to local children and families in need each year. Simply pick a tag off the Angel Tree located near the Food Court and follow the instructions and gift suggestions as listed. The Salvation Army will distribute your donations to local families in need for Christmas morning.
City of Merced Fire and Kops for Kids Toy Drive, now – December 15: Every Christmas, Merced Mall partners with the Merced Police Department and the Merced City Fire Department in collecting toys for their Fire and Kops for Kids Toy Drive. Simply bring an unwrapped toy to the Mall Security Desk at our main entrance where it gets placed in our Mall holiday choo-choo train! On December 15th, the toys are then collected and distributed to local children in our community.
Shop with a Cop, December 11: Once again, we are a proud sponsor of the City of Merced’s Shop with a Cop Event. Merced police officers are paired with deserving students from Merced City Schools who may be facing challenges in their lives to go Christmas shopping, courtesy of the Merced Mall.
MALL MILES INDOOR MALL WALKING PROGRAM
Mall Miles Walking Program has been deferred until further notice.
Mall Miles is a free indoor walking program sponsored by Dignity Health Mercy Medical Center and Merced Mall. The program was designed for people at all levels of ability and any age.
Maintaining a regular exercise routine is important, and having friends to support and encourage you makes it easier to achieve your goals and enjoy a healthier lifestyle. Whether you are an avid walker or a beginner, Mall Miles provides a great way to exercise at your own pace in a safe, climate-controlled environment.
HERE’S HOW IT WORKS:
- Program members will receive a complimentary water bottle and a mini calendar to help track your “mall miles.” (4 laps along the dark brown common area tile is approximately 1 mile)
- Visit the mall as early as 10am Monday – Sunday until closing.
- Log in your “Mall Miles” with a program coordinator at our Mall Miles table, located in the Food Court, on the first Wednesday of each month from 10am – 11am.
- Incentives will be given periodically to all participants.
- The person with the most logged-in ”Mall Miles” at the end of the year will receive a grand prize!
Find out if Mall Miles is the right fitness program for you. For program details, visit the Mall Office or meet the program coordinators on the first Wednesday of every month in the mall Food Court area from 10am – 11am. Or call 209-723-3981.